Having an Issue With my Marbled Motoro.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
My marbled Motoro isnt eating when i feed it, nor is it lethargic.... But It has taken out 3 Silver Dollars in 2 Weeks just biting the face off... So i know its eating.. And im feeding it swai, Tilapia, squid and shrimp... Luckily my silver dollars arent expensive ones.. but how do i fix this problem! im losing fish! xD and my silver dollars arent small, they are like atleast 5-6 inches... so they arent the dime sized ones...

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Exactly what i just posted lol. tilapia, shrimp, swai, squid mixture i made cutting up and freezing. JAY! i was trying to find ways to contact you lol cept mfk was down haha.
Hmmm...... So it was eating normally and now it is just eating its tank mates. Can you remove the other fish then starve him a bit? Like breaking a fish from live food

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
hm... i dont really have any other place to put the silver dollars... but if they do get killed... i guess no choice lol. its strange too.. she never had this issue before... not has she been on live since the day i got her and its been almost a year!

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Exactly what i just posted lol. tilapia, shrimp, swai, squid mixture i made cutting up and freezing. JAY! i was trying to find ways to contact you lol cept mfk was down haha.
Hmmm...... So it was eating normally and now it is just eating its tank mates. Can you remove the other fish then starve him a bit? Like breaking a fish from live food
hm... i dont really have any other place to put the silver dollars... but if they do get killed... i guess no choice lol. its strange too.. she never had this issue before... not has she been on live since the day i got her and its been almost a year!

She prego? Appetite increases a lot of she is- but she should still be eating her normal food- once they learn to catch fish though it is hard to get them to stop

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
and speak of the damn devil she strikes again. i turn my back from the tank for 10 minutes. turn around and another headless silver dollar. down to 2 now. unbelieveable. do rays have PMS like women? she used to be so well behaved =_=

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
she isnt pregnant as i dont have a male anymore. i sold it because i didnt like his patterns and my male just wasnt having the female lol. good conditions, rolled claspers. tried 1-2 times and was like meh, dont like her. and never touched her since. looking for another pair so i can have a trio. 1 male, 2 females.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store