KH ?

What type of filtration are you using ?
What are your water change procedures ?

kelvinng01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Ipoh
Well my change water procedure is change 80% of water. Afterward pour anti-croline 6 small bottle cup into water then will add fresh water into tank. Later on, put some Blue medicine water for preventive sickness. Later then put 2 soup spoon salt into tank. But my fish still don't want to eat the smaller fish.... If dry shrimp, arowana eat? Or prefer using small cricket as a food?

rhodes_96

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2009
Australia
kelvinng01;4266796; said:
Well my change water procedure is change 80% of water. Afterward pour anti-croline 6 small bottle cup into water then will add fresh water into tank. Later on, put some Blue medicine water for preventive sickness. Later then put 2 soup spoon salt into tank. But my fish still don't want to eat the smaller fish.... If dry shrimp, arowana eat? Or prefer using small cricket as a food?
This info sounds very concerning.:irked:

Again what are your readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph ?
Without this info I can't further help you.
If you don't have test kits for any of the above readings, then I suggest you go get these four test kits asap.

How big is your tank ?
What type of filtration ?

kelvinng01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Ipoh
rhodes_96, thanks for your concern...

Well, i really don't have those kits and i don't know where to find those kits too.... My tank size is 4ft x 1.5ft and my filteration is using the normal type can get from fish shop...

kelvinng01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Ipoh
Helangkawi,

I got count for everytime morning and night but the number of fish is still the same... By the way, do you have put some big leaf as a meditation for arowana?

rhodes_96

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2009
Australia
Well kelvinng01 from you have said so far, I say the reason your fish is not eating properly is because your water parameters are out of balance. 80% per week is a lot a pouring anti chlorine in the tank then filling the tank straight from the tap is not the best way to do things, and most likely contributing to stressing the fish.

Have a good read on how to cycle and maintain an arowana tank. There is lots of good info from many members who have contributed their experiences. Out of all the aquarium forums dedicated to fish keeping of larger fish, this has to be one of the best.

kelvinng01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Ipoh
Rhodes thanks.... I change to a whole new water. Afterward put a big leaf inside and some medicine then now become more better... Keep swimming already..

badfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2007
washington
80% water change ,no thermometer not checking water perimeters these are all concerns, I would suggest looking at reserching basic fish keeping and arowana care .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store