Heros sp. 'Curare' - potentially the real Heros severus

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Thanks guys. Fingers crossed! Part of the fun is always seeing how the F1 turn out. One of the most enjoyable parts of the hobby for me is watching fry develop and grow. Sometimes they don't turn out exactly like the parents and that's always a surprise. lol

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
A very unique fish indeed, an evolutionary bridge. I know these fish (severums) are your passion so no better person to breed and raise them than you. Good luck, they are beautiful.

barley pop

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2006
IL
Amazing looking fish !!! Put me on that list for some F1. I have a 220 just waiting for some of these

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Thanks guys. Fingers crossed! Part of the fun is always seeing how the F1 turn out. One of the most enjoyable parts of the hobby for me is watching fry develop and grow. Sometimes they don't turn out exactly like the parents and that's always a surprise. lol
+1. Not everyone has the patience, but I enjoy the growout process. Interesting combination of traits in this fish. Almost like a possible grandfather of some other types.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida

I came home today to find a ton of eggs. This is an 8" flower pot. The good news is that i have confirmed a female, but the bad news is that they look infertile. I'm guessing the male didn't do his job. He's somewhat helping her guard the territory but not as fiercely as most of my male severums in the past, so I don't think his interest is really there yet. Maybe they'll get better with more tries.

Or maybe I'll get lucky and they'll actually be fertile.

barley pop

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2006
IL
I agree. Hopeful they are fertile !!!!!!!!!!!

If not they will get better at this every time they try.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Unfortunately the videos from my first few posts are gone and there is no option to edit them, so I will repost them here:

Reactions: bkfamus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store