Hikari vs. NLS

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
No matter how much expereince anyone has, when we feel we know all there is to know on a subject, it shows how foolish we actually are...............:eek:

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I don't believe that anyone in this discussion has stated that they know all there is to know on this subject. :)

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
"I'm not going to apologize for being very well versed in this subject"

Pretty solid statement..........................

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I am very well versed in this subject, but that doesn't in any way shape or form equate to me saying that I know it all.

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
Self proclomations of this sort show arrogance. Arrogance leads to foolishness. You have chosen your path with your own words.

Once you have shown your true self, it is hard to recover.

Sometimes having knowledge but not having the ability to express yourself well is a handicap. And you have a parking spot right in the front.

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
jrjerin;3644829; said:
Make sure you have your handicap plates so you don't get a ticket.

Good advice from Lee County or is Estero in Collier County

I have been away a long time.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
With all due respect, I believe that you are confusing confidence, with arrogance.

confidence - assurance: freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities

It's clear from your various comments on MFK that you favor Hikari food, which is certainly your prerogative, but instead of staying on subject you feel the need to give me a public dressing down, and over what exactly?

For stating that I am well versed in the subject of fish nutrition?
Gimme a break.

I didn't slam Hikari in this discussion, nor have I ever once stated that there isn't more than one way to provide an optimum diet to a fish, or referred to myself as an expert, or that I know all that there is to know on this subject. Your words, not mine.

Nor IMO have I taken a condescending tone with anyone posting in this discussion. The fact that I may or may not agree with someone, or state that I am well versed in a subject, doesn't equate to me taking on a superior tone, or attitude towards others. Having said that, I'm also not about to bend over and allow anyone to take free kicks at the can.

I sent Chris a PM last night, and while we may agree to disagree on certain points with regards to this subject, I suspect that he is every bit as passionate about the health of his fish, as I am with mine.

If you want to add something of actual substance to this discussion I'm all ears, but I have no intentions of going back & forth over what you may or may not perceive as arrogance, foolishness, or anything else.

Have a nice day.

Funky_Fish14

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
Thanks for the PM Neil.

Neil and I do seem to be on the same page, simply we are interpereting it differently.

I would like to note that Neil and I are not in dissagreement about anything other than interpretive and expressive methods and viewpoints. This is a 'people' clash as opposed to scientific dissagreement.

Please continue with the thread! We know the NLS/Hikari controversy will never end, haha.

Cheers,

Chris

PS. I endorse both Hikari and NLS equally. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store