Hmmmmm what to get, what to get?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I don't intend for dithers necessarily, I want a cohesive tank. Besides, I don't have much need of dithers, the polys will get along just fine if everything stays fed well enough. The knife might get a tad aggressive but with as many plants as I have, there are going to be plenty of hidey holes for everyone to get away from each other.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I have a habit of calling anything that schools dithers but yeah i love the way togers barbs school much better imo than roseline barbs (though beautiful), buenos ares tetra, rainbow fish, rosy barbs, blah blah blah :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Durrells

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Beavercreek, OH
I have a habit of calling anything that schools dithers but yeah i love the way togers barbs school much better imo than roseline barbs (though beautiful), buenos ares tetra, rainbow fish, rosy barbs, blah blah blah :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Understood lol

As for tigers, I agree, they school really well but I'm not too sure I want something so "common" per say. I have a tendency towards the oddballs, the weirder the better! That being said, I'm not going to be picky just based on that.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Looks like you need some movement in that tank.

How about something from the Barilius family?

barilius canarensis
or
barilius bakeri

These fish remind me of miniature trout...always on the move.

Or maybe a school of Bedotia geayi? These guys remind of miniature snakeheads. The photos I found online don't due them justice. I had a small group of these and they were really cool.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
If you want something a little different get a group of Exodon paradoxus, about 10 or so.

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I recommend against the giant danios with bichirs I had 20 I my 125g with mine and the speed and constant movement seemed to keep my bichirs in hiding

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store