How am I supposed to work with this RO/DI unit?!

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
The hose keeps popping off at this section and the ro membrane housing keeps leaking despite me vice gripping it tighter than a bank vault and using an entire roll of plumber's tape!!!!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WORK WITH THIS? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! :swear:

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
I have heard of a lot of newer rodi units leaking from the housing. Not sure what's up with that. They are becoming more common I wonder if they are downgrading quality

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Ok....I fixed the leaking at the tubes but the RO membrane is still leaking. I don't want to make my bathroom into a swamp.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
I have heard of a lot of newer rodi units leaking from the housing. Not sure what's up with that. They are becoming more common I wonder if they are downgrading quality

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Same.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
The coralife pureflo II is a piece of crap. I'm going to wreck it with a sledgehammer if I can't find a good solution. I scratched up the ro membrane housing so bad from trying to vice grip it shut tightly to not avail.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
The coralife pureflo II is a piece of crap. I'm going to wreck it with a sledgehammer if I can't find a good solution. I scratched up the ro membrane housing so bad from trying to vice grip it shut tightly to not avail.
Why not replace the membrane?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Is your machine new or used. If it is used this may be the reason they sold it. Is there a possability that there is an o irng missing out of the membrane cap causing the leak.

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Sounds like you bought the wrong product. I've never encountered this issue with any brand. I also work as a rep selling aquatic products for a wholesale distributor and sell several types of RODI units and I've never encountered this many problems with one single unit. Is it used? What brand?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store