HOW TO ELASTICATE YOUR POLE.

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Hi David !

Many match anglers in the UK use poles to fish so they can target the one area easier ! poles are really long they can be any where up to 10metres long and come in metre long sections which you attach together the further out you want to fish the extra sections you add on to get it out further.

as for the cup on the end of the pole that is used to add ground bait in, all you do is get your pole to the area you want it and twist your pole slightly so that the ground bait falls out of the cup and into the area you want it.

Many mach fishermen use this method of fishing because it's fast and effective, i think the maximum size weight in fish you can have on the end of a pole would be around 20lb.

I'm not really a fan of pole fishing but there are many that are.

hope this helps you understand it more.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
When I read the title of this thread myt first thought was Dan is SUCH a PERVERT, but then I realised, No, that would be me, lol.
I use ugly sticks, no other shock absorber required.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

fishrmann2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2006
Wisconsin
UK fishing is totally different fishing that here in the states... They take carp fishing to the next level! lol

I on the otherhand shoot carp with my bow and arrow and put them in my garden! LOL

fishrmann2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2006
Wisconsin
They probably fight harder with an arrow through them then they do with a hook in their mouth! LOL

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
StiffMeister;641474; said:
sorry, but dont see the fun in that...
I agree i don't either i practice catch and release, if you catch a 20 lb carp one year imagin how big it's going to be in 2 years heading to 30lb and it keeps on growing, this then making it much more fun to catch and you'll definatly get more fight out of a 60lb carp with i hook in it's mouth than a 40lb carp with a bolt through it!

No not a fan of bow fishing not one bit !!!

fishrmann2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2006
Wisconsin
And thats fine... I don't expect you like to like it..:)

You guys over there think of carp as a game fish. But here in the states they are a rough fish and have a over abundence of them! They eat a lot of our game fish eggs, so the DNR has us control them by killing them...

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
fishrmann2;641661;641661 said:
And thats fine... I don't expect you like to like it..:)

You guys over there think of carp as a game fish. But here in the states they are a rough fish and have a over abundence of them! They eat a lot of our game fish eggs, so the DNR has us control them by killing them...
nick, is bow fishing legal in all states?

fishrmann2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2006
Wisconsin
Thats a good question... I'm pretty sure more than half allow it. But the stricter states like CA.... probably don't.

My buddy takes a trip to TN every year to shoot gator gars. His biggest is 9 feet so far. They usually take about three or four arrows to bring in...! lol

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
fishrmann2;641674;641674 said:
Thats a good question... I'm pretty sure more than half allow it. But the stricter states like CA.... probably don't.

My buddy takes a trip to TN every year to shoot gator gars. His biggest is 9 feet so far. They usually take about three or four arrows to bring in...! lol
yeah... i dont see bow fishing equipment around here....wow 9 footer?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store