How to revive a dead fish. (shipping D.O.A.)

Amaroq

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2007
In The Little Town Of Bedrock!
I read also that if you just dip in a 9v battery for a split second it will act the same
the metal things they put on your chest when you die...a defrigrelator? I know thats not the spelling but I hope you get what I mean. I dunno how well it works because I've never tried it but I suppose its worth a shot. Make sure the fish is in water while you try it.

Spencer

dravesef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2008
milwaukee
i tried this for a half hour on my blood parrot that died in front of my eyes, i was so sad it was my favorite fish. but then a long time ago tried on an oscar and work perfrect fish lived for a couple more years. so it is all up to the fish if it is going to work. and what type of fish did you save?

beantickler

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
~Pittsburgh~
The fish I saved was my latest FH from Thailand. The fish in my avatar. It cost too must to let it die. When I got the fish it didn't breathe for almost an hour. If you guys thinks this is too must to rescue one of your fish then I feel bad for your fish... I'm surprised at all the - comments.

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
prince edward island, canada
I am suprized that you got it after 3 hours without it having brain damage
because every minute the brain goes without oxygen, the more brain damage when revived

jbnebres

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
NE of Asian Arowana F
i use mouth to mouth resuscitation on my fish..... and they aren't even dying.....

:ROFL:

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
hey thanks for the write-up on this issue.

a little to late for my SRT but it will come in handy in the future.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I think what you did is amazing. It takes a lot of care and dedication to do that, and after all, what's the worst outcome? You had nothing to lose, but gained a lot. Good call, and thanks for the information. It paid off for you, it paid off for the fish, and it might pay off for a fellow fish keeper in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, and thanks for taking the time to make it work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store