How to STOP FROGS COMING IN TO MY POND

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
use chives they can prevent frog and snake from coming in your home ! frog hate that smell, plant that thing around your pond may help ! and you could use it in cocking !

HexHammer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2010
Denmark
I would build a fence around the pond and net up the frogs and tads, and set up some antibird feature since birds can transport small frog eggs on their feets.

koienterprise

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2009
West Sacramento
HungDang;4730398; said:
use chives they can prevent frog and snake from coming in your home ! frog hate that smell, plant that thing around your pond may help ! and you could use it in cocking !
Great tip HungDang! Have you tried this....first I heard of it. May have do a test with this in spring.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
koienterprise;4736926; said:
Great tip HungDang! Have you tried this....first I heard of it. May have do a test with this in spring.
actually its a plant that in the same family with chives with stronger smell but I can't find the English name of it! During the vietnam war, people in Vietnam use it to prevent toads, frogs, snakes, ... from coming to the bomb shelter.
the name they called it in Vietnamese is " cây nén " if you google it you can see some pictures and maybe know what kind of plant is that !

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
also garlic can have the similar effect !

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
you can use chives for this problem, it may work but I'm not really sure !

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
gazelle;4737551; said:
snakehead

or try the salt thing
snakehead won't work since there are poison frogs. Salt can destroy the ground and you can't plant any flower around, and you will need a lot of salt !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store