How We Moved Our 5 Foot Arapaima Gigas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eupterus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2006
Bennington, VT
Quite an undertaking. I guess you'd have to have the same setup for moving other larger fish such as red tail catfish.

What a chilling picture to see this beautiful arapaima floating, glad everything turned out ok. Will Sam live in that tank untill grown up?.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
The plan is that sam will live there until he out grows it.....then either off to a public aquarium or i will have to build a lake !!!!:ROFL: :ROFL:

Eupterus;624525; said:
Quite an undertaking. I guess you'd have to have the same setup for moving other larger fish such as red tail catfish.

What a chilling picture to see this beautiful arapaima floating, glad everything turned out ok. Will Sam live in that tank untill grown up?.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
that would be great.should i bring the wet suit ???????????????

Zoodiver;624481; said:
No problem. You are more than welcome. Sometime you'll have to come see my set up once it's up and running.

FishSkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
mother earth
intense very cool thank you for sharing wish i had the room

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
we are very lucky to have the space to do this !!!!! plus the temperture in so cal allows an outside installation..............:arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :turtle:

FishSkins;624694; said:
intense very cool thank you for sharing wish i had the room

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
johnptc;624688; said:
The plan is that sam will live there until he out grows it.....then either off to a public aquarium or i will have to build a lake !!!!:ROFL: :ROFL:
i say next year... take the 5k + 2.4k out... and Build a "L" shape tank that run along your walls.. and you can setup the filter on the top :)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
johnptc;624691; said:
that would be great.should i bring the wet suit ???????????????
Yes, full length and a mask, and your dive cert card. We'll provide the rest of the gear.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :turtle:

neoprodigy;625765; said:
i say next year... take the 5k + 2.4k out... and Build a "L" shape tank that run along your walls.. and you can setup the filter on the top :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store