HR 669 : CONGRESSIONAL HEARING BANNING NONNATIVE SPECIES APRIL 23, 2009 ACTION NEEDED

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
J double R;2771224; said:
who are conservation agencies consisted of? sovereign parties? nope. what about the people who started this country? they're citizens too. the point is, PEOPLE in general caused this. the animals didn't fly/swim/crawl here and say wow... this looks cozy. lets destroy an ecosystem.

quit whining about your big brother BS, and come up with a valid argument if you're going to cry about something.

zebra "muscles" are hardly the root cause of this, and you know it.
How valid is it at this point in time to grandstand about exotic animals that have been in this country since before this hack probably even got into politics?Any damage from soo called introduced animals is already done and it is nowhere near the damage done to our environment by way of pollution from factories and plants and construction but I dont see anyone trying to save our waterways by dealing with these areas.People may have caused this problem but people are also overacting and people like you are willing to allow them to do whatever they want.Nevermind that the country is heading towards record numbers of unemployment,job loss,and virtual financial ruin,there are non native fish and reptiles and dammit thats what we need to focus on.

J double R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2007
Duncan, Oklahoma
krichardson;2771388; said:
I dont see anyone trying to save our waterways by dealing with these areas.

it's all about personal interest.. of course you don't see the regulations and measures being taken there, i'm sure you don't research on a daily basis for what's being done... but as soon as something threatens something you ARE interested in (ie. your fish hobby), you take notice reeeeeaaaallly fast.

if you think factories and plants and construction are polluting willy-nilly without ANY sort of regulation, you're sorely wrong. ever hear of the EPA? Environmental Protection Agency. the same people that have a huge hand in the emissions regulations of the cars you and i drive.

but i suppose it's all fake.. theyre not REALLY doing anything about it, are they?

oh.. and don't give me that "people like you" bull****. you don't know me.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Have you ever seen anything EPA as for as penalties. Companies are allowed to negostiate down there fines or even get them dropped. They are so under staffed that they can't even regulate the polluters. They are about as efficienat as OSHA.
Big business influences how they regulate also.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
ShadowStryder;2771899; said:
Have you ever seen anything EPA as for as penalties. Companies are allowed to negostiate down there fines or even get them dropped. They are so under staffed that they can't even regulate the polluters. They are about as efficienat as OSHA.
Big business influences how they regulate also.
Sounds interesting and very well researched.I have of course heard of the EPA and I know what they are supposed to do.Thanks for reminding me that I dont know you,I wont take issue with you on any more of your points since it seems that you have no problem lapping up the BS that these hack politicians like to feed the public.Follow along with the rest of the lemmings.

le patron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
USA
the supporters of that bill would make a LOT of enemies, seeing as there are hundreds of thousands of petstores nationwide.
why would they want to worsen the already crappy economy by shutting down a pretty significant source of income for a lot of people?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
le patron;2771986; said:
the supporters of that bill would make a LOT of enemies, seeing as there are hundreds of thousands of petstores nationwide.
why would they want to worsen the already crappy economy by shutting down a pretty significant source of income for a lot of people?
Good points which should hopefully kill this nonsense.

liberator177

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
michigan
If this got passed.....Id move to Canada!

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
i dont know much politics or watever.... im just a teen.... but if tis past... man, wat a way to ruin a kid's interest, pets r IMO necessary to help learn responsibility and it doesnt take long to teach even a kid to understand never put ur fish other than in the tank ... i cant keep cats or dogs cuz it was written in the house contract, and hamsters n guinea pig ,err, i cant really learn much more than keepin em alive, and my parents dont like herps, so wat pet can i choose if all of them r not an option.... fish can teach about ecology , biology, chemistry ,responsibility and all those good stuff ... it would be silly if tis pass, gov't is already cuttin on education budget, and now a way to block kids education , wat a way to pave the road for a gloomy future for kids...

eskimo

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
belgium , limburg
yes al move to cananda of al move to one state that's warm and make an exception there . Wxqa&²aé&e do not have that problem in belgium our goverment is constantly arguing what color the paper shoud be of the tax payer's tax bil ....they have no idea what is happening in the aqautic's industry

usa land of the free , as long as you do what they say you do .
Quite weird kind of freedom.

if they'd do that to the peaple here they woud rise op up on the street , last time here they wanted to get some hight taxes and farmers pumped the basement of the prime minister full of furtilizer :d

Chris E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
New Zealand
We already have a similar thing here in New Zealand - 90% of what you guys can keep in tanks is banned over here, sometimes it is so depressing going to my lfs and seeing almost nothing but tetras (little ones) and barbs.
Hope it does'nt happen to you guys over there!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store