Hybrid Crayfish!

TrikkyMakk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Doesn't this thread belong in the hybrid forums? LOL just kidding. They always say that in the cichlid forums.

Nice one. Put some more pics up if you can and keep us up on the progress.

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
TrikkyMakk;2607463; said:
Doesn't this thread belong in the hybrid forums? LOL just kidding. They always say that in the cichlid forums.

Nice one. Put some more pics up if you can and keep us up on the progress.
lol, yea. But if I put it anywhere other than the invertebrate forum, all I'd hear is "look puffer food" haha

Will do, will do. I can't wait for these lil' guys to start growing, heh :D

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
me too, on the growing thing. especially since i want one. ill be waiting........

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Yabbadoo;2609087; said:
What colour is Pappy???
This is pappy (in the middle) with two other female P. cubensis:

They're mostly a red/brown color (top of the carapace, claws) that fades out into other reds, browns and greys (the tail, lower carapace, legs). Not a particularly bright or flashy species, but the color fade is neat. I need to take some pictures of the male as of late, he has some huge claws again. Next time I go to the boyfriend's house, I'll snap a few (they were gifts for him, Cuban crayfish for the Cuban boyfriend lol)

PennReels84

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
South Jersey
i call dibs on 2 of them!!

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
black_sun;2609600; said:
This is pappy (in the middle) with two other female P. cubensis:

They're mostly a red/brown color (top of the carapace, claws) that fades out into other reds, browns and greys (the tail, lower carapace, legs). Not a particularly bright or flashy species, but the color fade is neat. I need to take some pictures of the male as of late, he has some huge claws again. Next time I go to the boyfriend's house, I'll snap a few (they were gifts for him, Cuban crayfish for the Cuban boyfriend lol)
My Procambarus alenii mated with some brownish thing too and all the babys turned out that way. donated most of them to LFS. (really rewarding seeing your creation in a pet store tank being sold for 7 bucks when you donated them all:ROFL:)

I have this cool one that has redish claws with blue tips, and blue tinted arms, and a darkish brown body with blue "accents".

I'll make a thread about my hybrids tomorrow or just post them here.

I never actually wanted them to breed, i was kinda shooting for the Jurassic Park idea, having only females (i swore they were too)

guess malcom was right, nature did find a way.

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
Or i'll just post them now :nilly:

First guy here is the coolest looking of the offspring.
100_1350.jpg
100_1351.jpg
(his brother is sneaking up behind him)

This is how the rest of them turned out.
100_1353.jpg

Maybe i'll breed the top one with another alenii to bring out the blue... if that works then i'll mate that with that stunning red one of yours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store