i need some help guys

andy_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Davao city Philippines
food in the Philippines is cheap here sharks eat squid and fish right i can get like about $2/kilo. electric bill is also cheap here around $0.12/kw hehehe... thats why i want to keep a pet shark. i heard someone selling a black tip shark here in Phil. its only about $50 US Dollar converted like 12- 18 inches. thats what i heard but im just curious about bull shark thats why i ask, LFS told me if im going to keep a black tip shark for home aquarium the size of the aquarium is 6x8 ft is ok. but to think of what im reading here in forum you guys got big tank. thats why i ask. for a black tip shark what size is the minimum requirement for him i keep. because i dont believe with the LFS saying they just want to earn money. when i keep a pet i learn to love them with passion not just keeping them.

andy_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Davao city Philippines
i already have a 500 gal home freshwater aquarium. my plan next is with the salt water aquarium thats why im thinking of keeping a shark. my LFS here told me 6x8 ft size of the aquarium is enough for the shark but i dont believe what LFS saying because all i know they just want to earn money more. so thats why i ask here in monster forum before i go purchase the fish. i always ask first before i buy something. here in Phil life style is very cheap shark eat squid and fish right? converted peso to dollar i can get $2/kilo of squid more or less. electric bill is only $0.12 cents per KW of electric. LFS sells me $50 for a black tip shark then i begin my research for what do shark need for a living healthy and happy in a tank, because if i own a pet or a fish i learn to love them not just buying them without taking good care of them. so i need some advice for this before i go do some purchasing...

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
food in the Philippines is cheap here sharks eat squid and fish right i can get like about $2/kilo. electric bill is also cheap here around $0.12/kw hehehe... thats why i want to keep a pet shark. i heard someone selling a black tip shark here in Phil. its only about $50 US Dollar converted like 12- 18 inches. thats what i heard but im just curious about bull shark thats why i ask, LFS told me if im going to keep a black tip shark for home aquarium the size of the aquarium is 6x8 ft is ok. but to think of what im reading here in forum you guys got big tank. thats why i ask. for a black tip shark what size is the minimum requirement for him i keep. because i dont believe with the LFS saying they just want to earn money. when i keep a pet i learn to love them with passion not just keeping them.
That information about the black tip reef shark is very wrong. I would suggest nothing smaller than about a 24 foot across circle pool. They will suffer and die if you put it in a 6'x8' tank. I wouldn't even keep a pup in something that small with squared edges.

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
My electric is actually cheaper than yours ($0.09/kWh), but yes your seafood is way cheaper. Low end sea food (shrimp, squid, etc) is more like $15/kg here, but I'm 1000 miles from the closest ocean.

6x8 ft is a great size for a bamboo or epaulette, too small for any of the reef sharks though, and way too small for a bull shark. Assuming you want it to be happy for life.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
Any small(3.5-5.5 foot) ORV requiem(BTR, Bonnetheads, or Sharpnoses) is going to requiem at pond which is has a footprint of at least 450 sq. feet and a volume of 11,000-12,000 gallons to keep it for life.

On the other hand - the whitetip reef is possible the best requiem shark for home aquaria, since it is not an ORV, and also rarely exceeds 5 feet. And you could keep a couple of adults in a pond with a less than half the footprint or volume of similar sized ORV requiems.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Fish will outgrow a fish tank.
That being said, you will slow down the growth and development of a fish if you try to force it into a small tank. It leads to many health issues, and more or less you are causing a slow, tragic death.

andy_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2014
Davao city Philippines
i saw the video his tank is very small for the shark... i think that tank size was only 5x2ft floor area. very poor filtration. it was funny when i read his comment below tho. for a bamboo shark what floor area is best suited for him? minimum?

so you mean LFS is just laying when they sell some fish. thank you guys i learn a lot from you with your help... hehehe... so which shark is best suited for me to handle? i was planning to build up a 2nd tank 10x8 ft... 2.5ft high... with this size can i put black tip shark in it? or still too small for it? is the depth enough or not?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store