I'm Back

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Risen from the dead Taker has returned.

Question: when did you grow or change from a person who buys fish impulsively to a person who loves a particular fish and creates a decent relationship with it without changing your mind about it for any fish at any time?

In other words when did you go from window shopping for fish to finding that one or a few fish to have a relationship with?

This is no different from being shallow and looking at a fish from the heart. It stops being entertainment or an addiction and becomes a part of your family member or life in a peaceful and calm way. You find your center around them and you achieve contentment.

It is like meditation. In fact it is and you find enlightenment in your way of life: fish keeping.

I am happy I made this transformation. May I ask how and why it happened?

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Sounds like I was asking my own self. So I will answer first. Love and respect did it. I came to a point where I wasn't after them because they are aggressive, brutal, beautiful or whatever but simply respected them for their own personality. I was now learning about them as I would learn or get to know another person. I focused on providing them a decent life and that changed my whole fish keeping experience. I found peace. The rushing water has found its center. It is calm. It no longer feels like I am trying to fill an emptiness in my heart or some need. I am full because I can provide and I can provide because I am full

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
AMEN.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I treat every animal I care for this way, that includes fish. I keep my fish in a tank that at least gives them comfort or stability vs bare bottom display tanks. I try and create a habitat for them, even though its just a glass box. I attempt to recreate what they would find in the wild with rock formations, the type of substrate, current levels, etc.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I'm always try to keep my fish tank environment similar to their own nature habitat even they are living in my glass box, so with that mind set most my fishes will get their diet in same way....they won't get any food 1 or 2 days a week...wild fishes don't have full stomach everyday :D

Reactions: predatorkeeper87

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Lol, nice seein you back Taker. Not sure how to answer your question though. I don't think I've ever purchased a fish on an impulse. The fish has to already be on the radar for consideration.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I'm window shopping for fish a lot, I don't buy fishes that I'm not going to keep. I'm rather wait until I found the fish that I planned/setup the tank for it :D there is time I keep my tank running without fish for over a year before I got it.
*I'm having a 150G tank running with few yoyo loach and guppies to keep the tank at minimal bio load for cycle about 8 months already...I'm still looking/waiting for the fish I planning to keep in that tank lol

Anders247

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Maw Installation
By transformation do you mean the new look? It's very, very new.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store