Nov 24, 2013
WA
any one else watching the Indy 500?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
uhh,, it is televised? either way take that as no for you.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Heck no. It holds no interests for me. was a big deal when I was younger but now the tradition seems to be the only thing keeping it relevant

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I watched it as I did homework and can't honestly say it exciting. It might hold more interest if they lined up three wide for restarts.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
After going to it a few times I can't watch it on tv. Though the Monte Carlo grand prix was on this morning and the remote was across the room so I watched that, it was terrible compared to indy car.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
After going to it a few times I can't watch it on tv. Though the Monte Carlo grand prix was on this morning and the remote was across the room so I watched that, it was terrible compared to indy car.
Hello; I thought the way Hamilton ( The 150 million dollar man) gave away the formula 1 race win was one of the entertaining aspects.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Hello; I thought the way Hamilton ( The 150 million dollar man) gave away the formula 1 race win was one of the entertaining aspects.
That was interesting, my wife says with that contract he waived his rights to be upset about anything. I catch f1 once every few years so I don't know if its course specific but for 80% of the race everyone seemed to be just holding their starting place, not enough pacing or lead changes.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
That was interesting, my wife says with that contract he waived his rights to be upset about anything. I catch f1 once every few years so I don't know if its course specific but for 80% of the race everyone seemed to be just holding their starting place, not enough pacing or lead changes.
Hello; Your take is pretty much right. Even worse is that they often finish in a sequence of he teams. This year, and last, it has been the Merceedes team dominating the results for the most part. A few years ag o it was the Red Bull team and before that the Ferraris. Add to the very predictable finishing is the fact that the cars sound awful now. The safety car makes a nice sound while the race cars do not.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
M y mistake. wrong board to ask a simple question to see perhaps have folks watching it with me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store