Inventory of Fish in 15,000 gallon tank the Mini Mega and new Pictures (Update)

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
:WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA:
What an amazing tank! I just love it!
:mwave:

Jen ;)

Hasi

Go hard, or go home
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
Australia
Truely AMAZING!

Lots of respect to you my friend, alot to be learned from you.

Thank you for taking the time to post information and informotive detail about your wonderful creation and past time.

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
love the pics...is that monster tank in your house??

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
rook45 said:
love the pics...is that monster tank in your house??
Glad you enjoyed the pics. I built the 15k after I had built my 50k+ to house fish that might be eaten or killed in my big tank. It also serves as a grow up tank. It is built in an existing fish room. I removed all the tanks in the middle of the room including an indoor pond I had built for my planiceps which I had moved by then into the 50k+. I left all the other tanks that were on shelves against the walls (a total of 79).

I then measured the area required as an aisle for viewing the new tank and servicing the existing tanks. Then I marked the boundaries of where I would be build the tank and went from there. The actual building of this tank and the bigger one are described in articles on this page.

I made this article because of the number of requests for more pictures and questions regarding which fish, how old how big etc. I always record all my fish that I acquire and the the size and who I got it from.

keep smiling,

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
goldclownknife said:
Seems like an awesome tank. You say the tank is 6 feet deep and 28 feet long, I was curious how long is the tank? Also what did you make the tank out of?
Welcome to MFK. The tank is built with concrete, rebar, steel, and glass. It has styro and wood above the waterline to the ceiling. If you go to the article building the mini mega 15,000 you can see it being assembled.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Cyclop3000 said:
Arapaimag, you mention Oliver Lucanus (Owner of Below Water in Montreal), and I have heard his name before. Looked at his website but did not grasp what he was doing exactly...is he only an explorator/photograph or does he sell fish? I am asking because I live in Montreal, and I have a hard time getting very specific fish for my tanks.

Maybe you can give me a hint?

Thanks!
Oliver covers everything in the hobby. He speaks several languages including english, french and german. Before his wholesale operation "Below Water" he co owned "Biotope" with a great guy named SEAN.

He sells wholesale only.

His website will direct you to retailers that carry his fish.

Some of the fish stores I buy from and recomend are listed on my basketball website. Jerry Draper at the Tropical Fish room is a great source for unusual fish in Canada.

There is other info regarding large fish also on the site including that crazy hamster style tank in Germany.

www.spitfirechallenge.ca

ms169699

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2005
Alabama
and everyone thought my 250g Fresh (2-125g Reefs) 30g and 29g were alot.

I must say I am Impressed with your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store