Inventory of Fish in 15,000 gallon tank the Mini Mega and new Pictures (Update)

andy123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
PALM COAST FL
totally AWESOME!!!! I wish I had it. question. how do you heat a tank that big, and also how do you filter all that water. pool pump???

Stang1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2006
DC metro area
I believe I have found a new reason for I go to work everyday....simply amazed

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
redtailfool said:
arapaimag, isnt the black ray a P.Henleii ? Awesome setup and collection. Im glad the fish are doing well even at 70-75 degree temps. Dr. Ross , a ray expert, also keeps his stingray collections in the 70s due to the restrictive cost of heating the fishroom.

I forgot to mention the rays size is totally misleading in the photos on the article and the ones in the link from it to the photo gallery. My tank glass makes all my fish look smaller than they are. I will take pictures of him next week at feeding time when he comes up to the surface to catch smelts, whitefish or arowanas. He is a good size. He also mated in the tank with a motoro and sired some young ones which are growing up in a 180 near him.

As you know I actually have 4 fish rooms so it can get a little out of hand for electricity and hydro especially at this time of year :eek: . Some of my smaller tanks are kept warmer. The 800 with my pema babies (20inches and growing. Grown 11 inches since I got them in September) is closer to 80 degrees as is a 540 with my aba (32+inches).

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
simply amazing arapaimag. Yeah that black ray to me looks more like a henleii than a leo. Check my avatar ... I had a henleii too.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
redtailfool said:
simply amazing arapaimag. Yeah that black ray to me looks more like a henleii than a leo. Check my avatar ... I had a henleii too.
Great picture of him on your avator by the way. Sorry you don't have him anymore.
I also had a Leopoldi henlii that had more yellow spots than this one. It showed female, so I put it with this male a few years ago. The big guy just about killed the other one in minutes. I seperated them and what I thought to be a female developed into a male the following year. I bought that ray in 1989 and it died in 2005 after a fight with a large motoro female?

Nobuhito Kuroiwa says in "Jurassic fishes" how difficult it is identify specimens.

So maybe mine should just be Potamotrygon sp.

goldclownknife

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2005
Ohio
I just checked out the link to the gallery, the pictures are amazing. I saw a few with your gold clownknife? I like the markings on yours. I put two pictures of mine up on your other page like you asked. Hope you like them.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
goldclownknife said:
I just checked out the link to the gallery, the pictures are amazing. I saw a few with your gold clownknife? I like the markings on yours. I put two pictures of mine up on your other page like you asked. Hope you like them.
Just checked him out he is great I replied on that one also.

Thanks for sharing his picture

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
:WHOA: wow arapaimag that is absolutly amazing i look at your tanks and im speechless im at a loss for words
Nic :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store