Iridescent Shark / Pangasius Catfish

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Gonna eat it when it outgrow my 90G :nilly:

jking jking :D

looks like me and you have to goto Walmart and get those inflatable swimming pool before summer end ^^;;

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Lol but doesn't Sanitwongsei have sharp ventral and dorsal fins? I guess they grow as it grows? Man if it's Sanitwongsei, what have we got eh?:D

Edit: Check out the picture below, that's what we have and yes that's a Sanitwongsei!:eek:

Sanitwongsei.jpg

tRiP

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
ontario
www.youtube.com
I think both of yours look like what my LFS sells as "Emperor" ID sharks, I'm guessing that's the Sanitwongsei species. Great looking sharks fishes and Sarcosuchus. My LFS has one of those about a foot long, maybe 15" and the dorsal fin is HIIIIIGH. Unfortunately it looked like it got the crap kicked out of it :( I'd be tempted to get one of the smaller ones they're selling but mine hates other cat fish except for plecos. It killed 2 five finned columbian "sharks" and a couple weeks ago it killed a tiger shovel nose.

I'm hoping once it hits around 10" I can put it back into the 120 and not have to worry about the ornate picking on it. It's weird because I have some little cons in the 120 that the ornate could eat like we eat pieces of popcorn and she totally ignores them. I put the shark in and she goes into stalker mode.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
just a little curious tRip, where are you located in Ontario? Cause I saw two LFS near my house selling Emperor shark too, and one of them is around one foot long for $60 ^^.. I am wondering if I know you in real life or not :D

tRiP

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
ontario
www.youtube.com
cool, that's not too far away.

Just saw your post about getting the inflatable pool from walmart. At toys r us they have a 1500gallon above ground pool for $100. They were advertising it in their flyer last week. I think the 1400 gallon was around $60

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
tRiP;908508; said:
cool, that's not too far away.

Just saw your post about getting the inflatable pool from walmart. At toys r us they have a 1500gallon above ground pool for $100. They were advertising it in their flyer last week. I think the 1400 gallon was around $60
not sure if i want to buy one yet.. 1400 Gallon = a lot of water, the water bill is going to be a lot :irked:

and then what kind of filter to use on it? 3x fluval FX5? :eek:

When you keep a monster, everything becomes a monster, monster tank, monster bill, monster filter, monster monster monster!! monster everywhere AHHHH!! *fainted* :eek: :eek: :eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store