It's coming..... Upgrade finally on the horizon!!!

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Oh your going to burn in Hell !! Pleco, Stingray, Turtle, :ROFL:
HAHHA- Actually the L24 had to move cause he hated the turtle... attacked him repeatedly in the first hour. He is now unhappily in a smaller tank.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Be careful with that turtle and your rays bud, it can go very wrong. I posted some pics of what was left of a ray that had a upset with a softshell.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Be careful with that turtle and your rays bud, it can go very wrong. I posted some pics of what was left of a ray that had a upset with a softshell.
Thanks JIMR- I saw your thread on that.. and while I will keep a very close eye on him. FRT are supposed to be better with fish and this turtle is a long term captive that has been kept with rays previously. I know things can change but that at least made me feel a bit better.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Tank looks great man! I'm getting a very similar sized tank for my rays coming next sunday.

Reactions: UnstoppableJayD

MikebNJ

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2014
The Swamps of Central Jersey
Awesome Jay D. Quick question since you are the guru on the topic. The ray doesnt have any issues with any other bottom feeders like the roach and catfish?

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Awesome Jay D. Quick question since you are the guru on the topic. The ray doesnt have any issues with any other bottom feeders like the roach and catfish?
Thanks Mike- I m no guru- just learning like the rest of us,,.. but with my rays and bottom feeders.. the loaches don't seem to bother them- although the rays do pounce some of the smaller ones and may eventually eat them- the tig is fine because he is not that active. Other cats I have had issues with them competing eith the rays and stressing the rays by trying to get under them for food. Those were removed. the eel cat and the sun cat are the only 2 "catfish" in there now and honestly if i could find a better home for the eel cat (they can not be imported from australia anymore so are very rare) I would probably sell him .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store