Jardini or Lei?

arowjdm0103

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
Datnoidsland
I just bought this guy thinking might be a lei, if it is a lei I had a great deal on it. What do you guys think? His color are white not the brownish type like jardini, it may be under white light at lfs but time will tell. I have white light on him right now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
That's a very light coloured jardini IMO there's no pink speckles on the body to say its a lei and its head isn't very slender in comparison to the body , its a very nice looking fish though congratulations , it'll probably darken over time especially on its top three layers of scales unless you keep it in a white tank , what size is it at the min about 5" ?

arowjdm0103

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
Datnoidsland
That's a very light coloured jardini IMO there's no pink speckles on the body to say its a lei and its head isn't very slender in comparison to the body , its a very nice looking fish though congratulations , it'll probably darken over time especially on its top three layers of scales unless you keep it in a white tank , what size is it at the min about 5" ?
It's 7" are you talking about the pink speckles on the scales? I see 1 grayish dot on every scale, but I don't see the pattern on the scale or the gill cover like the jardini.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Some jardini don't develop spangles on gills until they get a little larger especially lighter coloured ones (my latest jar has no where near as many as my last one did at 12" ) , the shape of yours looks jardini to me , it is hard to see the pattern on those pics but I suppose you'll find out soon enough when it settles in , what tank mates are you planning if any ? If it is a jardini you'll soon find out if you have got a few in with it ;):D

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
That's a Jardini.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store