Jojo the red tail starting size 2.5 inches and thanks giving the tiger shovel nose

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
Well its official the curse of the spooky shovel nose has now happened to me!!
Not sure what happened but at some point last night he broke his nose. I found a heavy box that had fallen on the floor next to their tank. Thinking the cat knocked it off and scared him out of a dead sleap. Looks like it will heal but I can see bone so we shall see.

ColeFishing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
Ohio
Well its official the curse of the spooky shovel nose has now happened to me!!
Not sure what happened but at some point last night he broke his nose. I found a heavy box that had fallen on the floor next to their tank. Thinking the cat knocked it off and scared him out of a dead sleap. Looks like it will heal but I can see bone so we shall see.
post a pic/video of the nose. how can you avoid these?

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
Well its official my tank has hit the point of to small for Jojo and he has become the violent head bumping killing machine. He has gone out of his way to kill and eat every tetra in the tank along with maul my tiger shovel nose badly. Also another observation that up until now i had read about many times, and just thought people where lazy and on crack is the ammonia spike that happens when redtails are stressed out. It has now happened 3 times in a row and it is bad when it happens. When the 30 got to small it happened when the 55 got to small it happened and when the 120 is getting to small it has happened again. I can only conclude that it also has something to do with the coinciding lose of appetite and aggression. As there has been no change in diet or filtration system.

On a more fun note here is a video of my progress on the next tank upgrade of 300 gallon plywood.
[video=youtube;B6CC3u11XWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6CC3u11XWI[/video]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store