MARBLE GOBY

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
1st king.png1st king 3.png1st king 2.png this is my first breeding pair that lived in a 55 gallon with the jade gobys you can seeone of the jades in the first pic .

1st king.png

1st king 3.png

1st king 2.png

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Thanks sharptooth, guess I'll have to give it a try to find out. My marbled is only 8" and pretty calm unless the pike cichlid or catfish goes in it's cave. Then it'll snap and push them out.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Thanks sharptooth, guess I'll have to give it a try to find out. My marbled is only 8" and pretty calm unless the pike cichlid or catfish goes in it's cave. Then it'll snap and push them out.
Every MARBLE GOBY i have ever owned has been calm, thats one of my favorite things about them. My big male just wont tolerate tankmates i was pissed when he killed my barramundi i actually had 2 barramundi killed by 2 MARBLE GOBYS in different tanks on the same day. Hopefully jeff can get me some more i miss my barramundi's. Good luck it can go either way i like jade gobys too they are just not predatory enough for me, they are really filter feeders and sand sifters.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
I didn't know they were more of a filter feeder. Thanks guess you learn something new everyday.
Yea in the wild they like to sift through soft mud and sediment eating plant and animal matter. They like crustaceans and will eat small fish but not really a predatory hunting fish.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
[video=youtube;Pny_c8ElMdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pny_c8ElMdY[/video] Turned the light on while he was trying to catch a goldfish he got pissed and went home LOL.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
MY GOBY.jpgMY GOBY 3.jpg After about 2 years i finally have male male MARBLE GOBY back in what i consider breeding shape. Also my female is solo in her tank, so after a water change i think it will be a good time to breed them again. Going to do things a little different this time i plan to breed them in the females tank then put the male back in his tank. Im thinking of hatching the eggs in a 40 breeder or 55 gallon haven decided yet. My goby female.jpg heres my female showing off her camo, tanks are set up so they really blend in for hunting.

MY GOBY.jpg

MY GOBY 3.jpg

My goby female.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store