megalodon not extinct?

mattyice572

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2015
New Jersey
Id say its possible but not likely. Ive read that sonar records found a large moving object in the mariana trenches the object was close to 80 feet. I cant be certain on this as you can post anything to the internet. Great whites are relatives of the megalodon and are still here but only will reach maybe 25-30 feet. the mariana trench would be a great hiding spot for such a massive animal, but i cant imagine there would be enough food at such a depth for a breeding megalodon population. Then again it was pretty recently that scientists discovered the coelecanth which was believed to be extinct for over 70 million years. If an animal like that still exists today, i wouldnt doubt other prehistoric species are out there, its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time with a camera.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I have a megalodon in a 10g so I can confirm this.

Lol

I think it's very likely that there are many undiscovered species in the depths of the ocean. I however doubt megalodon is one of them just due to its massive proposed size. But that's not to say that other prehistoric fish haven't washed up.

I'm more into the giant man eating squid and super massive jellyfish category of plausible cryptozoology.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store