Midas vs P. Melanurus

Kivstev

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
Melanurus beat up my JD, so I took the JD and Sev out and put my Midas in there. I figured the Melanurus was more able to handle any aggression the Midas can give and I was right. They now live in peace with Midas being the boss. I was itching to get the Midas into the 150G anyway, and this was a good time to do it. The Midas mostly ignores all fish smaller than him. May try reintroducing the JD at some point, but the Red Sev is probably going to have his own 75G tank as his color is very similar to the Midas and that would be a bad situation for the Sev.

Last edited:

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Have they sustained little or no damage from all that? I thought they'd rip up their lips.

Kivstev

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
Have they sustained little or no damage from all that? I thought they'd rip up their lips.
The Melanurus usually will rip lips and fins when he does that. The Midas must have some tough skin because neither fish had any damage and are living peacefully now. You can see in the vid how the Mel just tries to tear. Midas was just toying with that fish I think.

that midas is awesome. good stuff.
Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store