Monster Catfish!

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
that'll be a lil later when I get to smaller ones, but depending on weather or not your are talking about perrunicthys perruno, or learius marmoratus/longibarbus the max size I have seen is 32-40 inches. I saw a pic of the world record looked every bit of 40 inches. Size given is for Longibarbus, because I feel if you have one that is the species, I have yet to see definitive evidence that anyone has a perruno in captivity. I am sure someone does, but I am not convinced from what I have seen, and based on the species identifiers I can't say I have ever seen a pic of one, or one in real life.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
necrocanis;498570; said:
Cephalosilurus fowleri, can't really be 100% from the angle of the pic, but with that protuding lower jaw, and the barbells I am pretty certain. this fish gets to 15-20 inches long, and is very agressive. Best kept alone or with larger aggressive fish. Known to take mice, rats, shrimp, and other large fish as food. Is it yours?
Yes it is mines, it is a foot long, and is this big enough of a larger companion fish?? lol:ROFL: :j/k:
View attachment 43994

Picture 055.jpg

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
hmmm, I would think it will be fine till it looks like the rtc can swallow him with ease. If you keep the rtc well fed you should not have a problem unless he is territorial then your rtc will kill him weather he is hungry or not. i had a rtc that would kill any fish besides my pleco that came close to him. He had a rock that was his territory and no other fish was allowed there least they die a horrible death by pummeling from my rtc, no matter what size the fish was.

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
true, but i sdo spoil my rtc. and my bumble is under a rock cave all the time it just sits and meditates, that is why i call it The Orange Budda. lol...

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Hey everyone. Know I haven't posted a profile in a while. So here's a little something to wet your appetites. I found some pics of some rather large catfish I would love to share. I will post some here and a little info on the fish.
in order
pic 1
Bagarius yarelli
this fish wieghed 132 bls. and was 65 inches long.

pic 2
Brachyplatystoma rousseauxii
weighed 220 lbs. at 75 inches

pic 3
Hemibagrus wyckioides
190 lbs. at 71 inches

pic 4
Bathyclarias gigas
198 lbs. at 79 inches

pic 5
Ictalurus furcatus
150 lbs. at 65 inches

pic 6
Sorubimichthys planiceps
28 lbs. at 57 incehs

pic 7
Pylodictis olivaris
154 lbs. at 67 inches

pic 8
Pangasianodon gigas
646 lbs. at 106 inches

pic 9
Zungaro zungaro
210 lbs. at 71 inches

pic 10
Brachyplatystoma filamentosum
313 lbs. at 93 inches

pic 11
Phractocephalus hemioliopterus
104 lbs. at 53 inches

pic12
Bagrus docmak
66 lbs. at 51 inches

pic13
Clarias gariepinus
93 lbs. at 75 inches

pic 14
Pseudoplatystoma corruscans
154 lbs. at 67 inches

pic 15
Heterobranchus longifilis
78 lbs. at 59 inches

pic 16
Silurus glanis
317 lbs. at 109 inches

Please note that these fish are rounded to the nearest pound and inch. I did this to sooth your appetites, and also to show just how big some aquarium fish that many are interested in getting can get. enjoy!

Bagarius yarrelli.JPG

Brachyplatystoma rousseauxii.JPG

Hemibagrus wyckioides.JPG

Bathyclarias gigas.JPG

Ictalurus furcatus.JPG

sorubimicthys planiceps 4.JPG

Pylodictis olivaris.JPG

Zungaro zungaro.JPG

Brachyplatystoma filamentosum.JPG

Bagrus docmak.JPG

Clarias gariepinus.JPG

Pseudoplatystoma corruscans.JPG

Heterobranchus longifilis.JPG

Silurus glanis.JPG

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
Redtail_Watcher;497555; said:
then answer me this, what kinda cat exactly is this? and where is a info on this one... (i'm told that it suppose to be a sub species bumblebee cat.)
View attachment 43883
Hey red tail thats a C apurensis not C fowleri, great cat i have one myself:D

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
necrocanis;508526; said:
pic 8
Pangasianodon gigas
646 lbs. at 106 inches

QUOTE]

this fish pic was omitted, it is already posted on here. Sorry you'll have to back track threw this thread to find it.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
tig will be later on. Again everyone I must appologize for the lack of info posted lately. I got back from my leave last month only to find that my landlord is selling the house I rent so I have to move. After the move things should pick up though. I have some in the works. Starting with the giants that everyone seems to want and working my way down to the smaller ones. By the way moving my fish is gonna be a pain lol. I already bought a 40" koi sock net to move my huge hybrid. Should be funny I'll post pics after the move.

ZOO YORK 207

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Frederick, MD
necrocanis;528821; said:
tig will be later on. Again everyone I must appologize for the lack of info posted lately. I got back from my leave last month only to find that my landlord is selling the house I rent so I have to move. After the move things should pick up though. I have some in the works. Starting with the giants that everyone seems to want and working my way down to the smaller ones. By the way moving my fish is gonna be a pain lol. I already bought a 40" koi sock net to move my huge hybrid. Should be funny I'll post pics after the move.
Sorry to hear that man...:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store