Mudskipper paludarium- an alternative solution

leuc11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2011
Pennslyvannia
HX67;5075098; said:
Thank you. I'm actually thinking about a method to add a nice "foliage" to the upper portion of the tank.
The clay method is neat. I think there is a way to make the foliage upstairs to be freshwater even though the tank is brackish.

Thanks!
Set up?
The hardscape took about a couple of days to make. The first month after installing it I just kept changing water every couple of days.
The tank has been maturing for several months now...

Thank you!
The clay background only needs to be misted once or twice a day very lightly so your only adding a tablespoon of water for you freshwater plants and its not gonna effect you brackish water. also for vines those need to planted in the substrate so a small patch of eco earth will do or abg mix. I dont really think the brackish water will have any effect on the substrate. and do you know if brackish water effects chrome painted egg grate?

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
leuc11;5075839; said:
The clay background only needs to be misted once or twice a day very lightly so your only adding a tablespoon of water for you freshwater plants and its not gonna effect you brackish water. also for vines those need to planted in the substrate so a small patch of eco earth will do or abg mix. I dont really think the brackish water will have any effect on the substrate. and do you know if brackish water effects chrome painted egg grate?
I agree. I have actually thought about adding an automatic misting system and adjust it to basically compensate the evaporated amount daily.

But I think I will go for a planter-style rather than the clay method...

komodo182;5075868; said:
That looks awesome!
Thank you!
I love your signature! Listen to the man, people! Less ordering from the net and more walking in the LFS!

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
beautiful setup... that hardscaping looks fantastic...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store