My Aqua Hobby Journey

dimfer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Canada
Angel51087;1068657; said:
awesome tank, and gorgeous arrows. Sad that you lost a fish but, without sounding heartless, at least it wasnt one of your beloved arowanas. Really good job and looks great!
thanks. this experience proved to me how hardy arowanas are. The one that got sick the most looked really bad at the height of the infection.

Jesto

Candiru
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Very Good Work Ding! :nilly:

I can empathize with you :grinyes:

Your Aros are probably quite happy now. Did your DFi SR loose some color when it was added into the community?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
dimfer;1075916; said:
thanks. this experience proved to me how hardy arowanas are. The one that got sick the most looked really bad at the height of the infection.
The healing power of salt is excellent.

dimfer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Canada
Jesto;1078943; said:
Very Good Work Ding! :nilly:

I can empathize with you :grinyes:

Your Aros are probably quite happy now. Did your DFi SR loose some color when it was added into the community?
yes. I think the higher ph on this tank has something to do with it.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
FANTASTIC TANK AND GREAT PICTURES AND DETAILS.

I wish I knew about the salt cure for the aro before.

I just lost a fantastic red tail golden aro about 6 weeks ago. I used other meds when he got red sores and scale problems and lost him over a weeks time.

Have you started working on your wife yet with the plan to build your next tank?

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Wow great tank and great project..

dimfer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Canada
arapaimag;1081513; said:
FANTASTIC TANK AND GREAT PICTURES AND DETAILS.

I wish I knew about the salt cure for the aro before.

I just lost a fantastic red tail golden aro about 6 weeks ago. I used other meds when he got red sores and scale problems and lost him over a weeks time.

Have you started working on your wife yet with the plan to build your next tank?

thanks for the kind words Mike, you are one of my inspirations here.

I am sorry about the loss of your RTG.

I was so convinced that Melafix would cure them in the early stage of infection, only to find out that the med has it's limits too in the end. To be honest, I was preparing myself to lose the chilli red which was affected the most. It was just sitting in the bottom of the tank for days, like it was wasting away. The cloudiness of the tank complicated things for me as well, making it really hard to see them when they are 2 ft or more away from the glass.

Salt worked like magic for them. Within days, almost everybody was back to normal.

I don't think I'll be building a bigger tank in the near future. It takes a lot of effort and resources to do projects like these. I could only imagine what you have gone through with your monster projects. Even if I do aquariums full-time, I don't think I have the guts and patience to go as deep as you did.

Now that my tank seems to be stabilizing, I'll relax a little bit and have some down time before kids go back to school.

I am also in the process of building my audio system, hopefully I could finish it also soon so that I could enjoy both hobbies at the same time, in the same room.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store