My DIY stand

JoelR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Jacksonville FL
A word of caution on waiting to do the canopy,,, either they change the color of the stain over time or the stained piece can change as it ages. I did the same thing with my 125. I made the stand and then about 1 - 2 yrs later I made a bridge that covered the top, joining the two book cases that were on either side. I used the exact brand and color stain but the stand looked much darker than the top. I don't think most people would have even noticed but I sure did.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
jclagg;2262689; said:
Hey, can you help me with one more thing? How do I get my garage that clean?
Buy a new house...lol. Back then we had just moved into the house a few months before building this stand. It does not look that clean anymore.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
JoelR;2261082; said:
A word of caution on waiting to do the canopy,,, either they change the color of the stain over time or the stained piece can change as it ages. I did the same thing with my 125. I made the stand and then about 1 - 2 yrs later I made a bridge that covered the top, joining the two book cases that were on either side. I used the exact brand and color stain but the stand looked much darker than the top. I don't think most people would have even noticed but I sure did.
I was kind of worried about that. I am thinking about moving the tank to redo the flooring. During this process, I might try and rip off the skin of this stand and redo it in a darker color.

freshienow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2008
Missouri
sweet

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I would recommend a darker stain. I love the darker look. Well, either that or a natural finish.

xboroinc

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
New York
thanx for the idea copied it for my 125 thats comming it tommarow did the bottom frame work a little differant but love the idea thanx alot great diy went to the local hard ware store and spent a total of $50

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store