Feb 13, 2008
europe

Jfitz

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Montreal
jason longboard;2369386; said:
I would get rid of the wood shavings,especially if its got a strong smell weather it be pine,cedar or aspen,I wouldnt use them.Just use the dirt or soil,Im sure being where you live its harder to get some of the stuff we do but just use the soil,whats the dark stuff you got?The rocks should be very secure like the others said,you may have them feeling nice and tight but if the cage was bumped hard or something you just never know.All my spiders slow down feeding as it gets colder,how cold are your winters?ISnt the humidity high their already?Adults can go a very long time without food in case it were to ever happen so with how plump and healthy yours looks it would be fine if it didnt eat for weeks,but its either the cold,its full,or stressed somehow but I think you should be fine with a few adjustments.Fill me in on the temps and humidity in your area.Oh,and if the substrate can cling on to their feet real bad and they try to never go on to the ground that will stress them bad.Here are a few of mine in case you wanted to see.View attachment 272384

View attachment 272385

View attachment 272386

View attachment 272387
wow... howd u get your hands one a black widow???

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Jfitz;2376539; said:
wow... howd u get your hands one a black widow???
If I roamed outside my house around the shed and anything that they could hide under I bet I could find about 20 of them in 10 minutes,lol.They should be our state spider.

Jfitz

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Montreal
jason longboard;2377443; said:
If I roamed outside my house around the shed and anything that they could hide under I bet I could find about 20 of them in 10 minutes,lol.They should be our state spider.
hahahaha alright :p

Jessica Dring

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2007
Liverpool, UK.
Very pretty spider.
Agreed with most, no wood shavings, and don't worry about her not eating anymore. Shes probably full. My t's eat about 3 times a week (well my salmon pink about every 2-3 weeks on a rat) and others only eat once every two weeks.
Good Luck :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store