My most intense rescue ever: House Gecko on a glue trap

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
Disheartening and sad to say the least, but you opened you rheart and home to another living creature to try to give it a second chance, mad props and I am sure something good will happen to you in the future, I believe in Karma, be it good or bad...

I just lost a pond fish yesterday, tried to 'save' him, pulled him out, grabbed the old sponge filter and attempted to medicate(very lethargic and couldn't stay in the water) but lost it shortly after I retrieved it from the pond...only a $.35 fish, but it has grow to 3 1/2" under my care, sad non the less...

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
Yeah a goldfish...

I have 5 (now) Comet feeders and one fancy (2 tails) with 2 juvenile Koi in a small outdoor pond, came home yesterday and one of the Comets was on the waters surface and very lethargic...It came to me instead of hiding like normal...

I caught it easilly and put it into a 5 gallon bucket with water from the pond (like a 75 or 100 g preformed) and put in a sponge filter that I am cultivating in my main tank...He lasted another 4 hours before he stopped moving. I made the effort to help, but it didn't make it.

Still not sure what happened, other than being dead there were no external issues (ie: rot or missing scales)and my water parameters are all good (0 ammonia, 0 Nitrites, ~20PPM Nitrates, PH 7). All the others are fine and eating well.

As a just in case, I pulled some dead lilly leaves and quite a bit of the watter lettuce thats growing on the surface, out and performed about a 30% water change..Water is still clear, but the filter will also get cleaned tonight. Like I said, I dunno...

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Kudos to you for trying.Sad he didnt make it but at least he had a shot.Cool that he jumped up on your hand like that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store