my new MONSTERS to be: Black Mangroves...

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Thanks bigcat.

Kels, no real progress to report on the Mannys, I think they've slowed significantly, maybe due to the scale? Maybe due to root binding or pruning?

I'll take some pics anyway when I get home...

krustyart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
MaddMaxx, peacelilies have white flowers. That flower looks pretty RED to me. Is it maybe an antherium?

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
MaddMaxx, peacelilies have white flowers. That flower looks pretty RED to me. Is it maybe an antherium?
Totally could be, it's definitely Hot Pink. I just broke off a couple of shoots off a dying house plant and potted them. I wasn't aware the color mattered. Are antherium completely different species?

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Came home to find my favorite Mangrove swimming below the surface, for who know how long... I plucked it out, hoping it would dry safely, but it doesn't look good:

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
Why do you always use size 4 font?

krustyart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Totally could be, it's definitely Hot Pink. I just broke off a couple of shoots off a dying house plant and potted them. I wasn't aware the color mattered. Are antherium completely different species?
Yes, peace lily and antherium are two totally different plants. From the look of the leaf it's not a peace lily. Read this ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthurium

krustyart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Why do you always use size 4 font?
Because I sit very far away from the monitor in my Lazyboy and it's easier to read in size 4 so I figured if I did everything in size 4 it might catch on and then the whole site would be easier for me to read!!! So yeah, I am not shouting....

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Yes, peace lily and antherium are two totally different plants. From the look of the leaf it's not a peace lily. Read this ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthurium
Cool, thanks for learning me. Looking at the wikilinks, my plants definitely look like Anthurium. Upon a closer look; my plant's leaf shape and "flower" shape are completely different from the Peace Lily's (Spathiphyllum).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store