My Red Discus - Before & After Carophyll Pink

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Tony, there wasn't any special lighting used to take those pics, those were breeding pairs with no lights even over the tanks, just shop lights in the ceiling above. No added saturation or whatever, just nice fish taken by someone who knows how to use a camera. Those fish look exactly the same in person, and as you can see that Stendker Fire Red is just as red as the fish you just posted - and all fed pellet food with no unnatural color enhancing agents. ;)

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
hey sorry i did'nt get to read it all but i have festae , brehordi, synspillum and i want to bring out the best red colors in them they are currently all 2.5 inches and being fed nls 1mm pellets, mysis shrimp, and flakes but i was considering using carophhyl but i didnt buy it becaus ei dont like an unnatural fish so how would i bring the red out of these naturally , and there water quality is superb, i heard krill is a natural red enhancer is this true thanks

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Just keep feeding what you are currently feeding & if the genetics are there the color of your fish will blossom as they mature.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Honestly Jose it's all greek to me, I don't know a thing about editing digital images, but what I do know is those fish look just as good (or better) in person, as they do in those photos.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I'm not a fan of artificial color enhancers. Good husbandry a clean environment and a healthy diet will IMO produce the healthiest and most colorful fish. I always follow the old saying Garbidge in Garbidge out. I feed all my fish a staple diet of NLS I throw them some Krill or an earthworm once in a while not because I think they need it but because of the stimulis of the "hunt and kill".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store