Natural looking Turtle Basking area

manlyfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
michigan
i made this real quick on paint its just a basic idea...you could modify give it a little arch and make it pretty natural looking especially with live plants

Attachments

davdev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2010
Somewhere in New England

tankboi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Arkansas
I just used an old log and the turtles loved it. Basically what they would use in the wild. It's natural and it doesn't take away any swimming area under the water and it provides shade as well. It was actually just part of a log but it was big enough to support the turtles I had.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
davdev;4399037; said:
That is much closer to what I am trying to do. My tank will be much smaller though, so it may be much more difficult to pull off

Also, I do not want to go below a 24" depth. I want the tank to focus more on Native Fish, with turtles included, not vice versa, so the depth is needed. I suppose I could drop down to about 18" but I wouldn't want to go any more shallow

You do not want to lose water so like others have suggested floating corkbark which is great. I use it outside in my water trough after Coura suggested it .

Corkbark might be easier for turtle to lay on and completely dry himself on than floating log .
You can't go wrong with it.

Rocks,etc just displace water add weight and serve no purpose in smaller tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store