Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Need opinion about my flowerhorn and ebjd fish tank HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Central and South American Cichlids' started by 18Flowerhorn18, Mar 28, 2012.

1. 18Flowerhorn18

18Flowerhorn18 MFK Members

Jul 3, 2012
      hey guys idk how to post anything idk if this is the right way but i had a question i just ordered 2 ebjd there 1.5 in and a electric blue flowerhorn at 1.5 in and the guy at the pet store that i ordered em from said they would do fine since im putting them in a 125 gallon tank and theres no other fish in there. So will this work out and you think i could add a couple more fish or is full since theyre pretty aggressive? thanks ​

2. bobblehead27

bobblehead27 MFK Members

Today at 8:40 PM
      well the EBJD are notoriously less aggressive than their counterpart the regular (or wild-type) Jack Dempsey... so you may have trouble there with the flowerhorn beating on them... That is a nice sized tank though so with lots of hiding spots you might be alright. The thing with cichlids is each one will have their own personality, I've had some dempseys that beat the crap outta anything I put into the tank with it, including pirhanna, but I've also had dempsey's that were quite mellow so it all depends on your individual fish, but I'd definitely have a back up 55 (minimum) for the dempseys just in case, cuz I know EBJD are rather expensive...

3. brockfishhawk

brockfishhawk MFK Members

Comcast Cable Technician
      Today at 3:51 PM
      +1 to what ^ he said.

4. Loves severums

Loves severums MFK Members

Fish stores
      Sep 3, 2014
      I would say no and that it won't work

5. FishFreak95

FishFreak95 MFK Members

Sailor- soon to be out :)
      Feb 3, 2015
      No such thing as EB fh, probably a thai silk or thai silk mix. EBJDs will be massacred at one point or another.
      Dither/target fish could help for a while but not a permanant solution.
      Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App