Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

New Aquarium Pictus cat died.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Diseases and Health Issues' started by bgwilly31, Apr 10, 2012.

1. bgwilly31

bgwilly31 MFK Members

Ok i started a 55 gal on 3-12-12. Bio Boost vitamins Aquar Clear 110 all added same day. On 3-26-12 i Went to walmart and found a Pictus Cat that i kind of impulsed bought and decided to add 4 mollies with him as starter fish while the tank cycled. Added them They all seem to be good except for one mollie was a little weird at first but then seem to come around. The pictus cat acted great really quick around the tank, started to like him a lot. Was feeding him blood worms. I bought a Full API kit and started testing the water.

Did tests on 4-2-12 and all the tests came out perfect. No nitrite no amonia and 40 ppm nitrate. PH was at 7.5.

on 4-8-12 i found one of the mollies the one i thought was a bit weird at first kind of mangled and stuck in the filter tube. Thought maybe the pictus cat messed with him. Than this morning my pictus cat is basically dead. A tiny bit of white flim seems to be hanging from him in certain spots and he's barely moving. I left him this morning but im fully expecting him tobe totally gone when i get home from work.

My thought now is wanting to prevent a disease from spreading in the tank. Any precautions or advice on what i should do from here to save the other fish and keep tank safe for my new fish i want to buy soon. I actually have a couple kinfe on order i was supposed to pick up later this week.

2. mr.bigglesworth

HighSchool
      That's why you quarantine first then add fish later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App