Official Gun Lovers Thread!!!

SemperFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hubert, NC
I dont know the details but per marine Corps Order the Dragon Skin and other non issue stuff is sort of banned. There were issues related to testing and the fact that idiots have been suing the govt. over body armor not saving their sons lives. Currently if your command approves, you can wear non issue body armor in addition to/under your issue gear - but who wants to wear two vests! Ive seen the current vest work, and ive seen it not work. theres no 100 percent.

riggs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2005
Southern NH
www.big-griggs.com
jcardona1;1764547; said:
not to mention you cant beat the price tag of $100. :cheers:

:eek: That is a beautiful build. You obviously put alot of thought into which parts were going to be used in the rifle. Do you mind if I ask where you got those handguards?? My RRA is a midlength setup and I'd love a set. I also went with the 2-stage match trigger setup and LOVE it.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
scubasteve06;1773206; said:
I'm guessing the handgun on the left is a full auto-glock looks like a model 17 to me 9mm??? And that looks like a Ruger .40 cal or .45 next to it. Where did you get those tactical lights for your remington or did it come that way??? Hit me up with some accesories I need to trick mine out now!!!
Not sure on the Glock model, but its a 9mm. Not full auto either, just a 30 round clip. He's in law enforcement so he can get the hi-cap mags that I cant :cry: The handgun to the right is his H&K .40, on top is a Keltec .223 and the little gun is a .32, not sure what make/model.

Those lights are simply the Surefire G2 Nitrolons. Awesome light and you cant beat the price of about $35! Once you get the light, just find a mount that will work with it. Sure beats the Surefire weapons lights that will run several hundred dollars!

SemperFish;1773250; said:
Not to be a downer but Im reading that law a little differently. It says "ANY OF THE FOLLOWING" not a pistol grip AND the following.

"12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip."

Aside from that I am impressed! Not only do I have a wife and house payments that preclude me from that kind of spending I really wish I could mod my issue M4. Alas Im stuck with govt. issue lowest bidder gear. Atleast my chest rig and other gear is choice.
Thanks! As for the legal stuff, the main point to look at in PC 12276.1 is section (1), the one that talks about the detachable magazine. Since my gun cannot accept a detachable magazine (see CCR 978.20 for definition of detachable magazine) I can have any and all of the "evil features" as defined in sections (A) thru (F).

Let me know if you have any other questions on the penal code stuff, I think I have it down pretty well. If you're really interested, you should join Calguns.net. They are some of the best forums I have ever seen. Packed with sooo much good info. They cover the penal code, precedent trial cases, and have several diagrams and flow charts to help you out with the legality of building an AR-15 in Commifornia!! :cheers:

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
riggs;1773329; said:
:eek: That is a beautiful build. You obviously put alot of thought into which parts were going to be used in the rifle. Do you mind if I ask where you got those handguards?? My RRA is a midlength setup and I'd love a set. I also went with the 2-stage match trigger setup and LOVE it.
Thanks riggs!! Yeah, I had several months to play around w/ the parts I wanted while I figured out the legal issues with this weapon in CA. The handguard is made by Yankee Hill Manuf and is the lightweight free float model, midlength of course. There are several websites that sell them, and they run about $100.

I purchased mine from the guy I purchased my upper from, http://www.evil-black-rifles.com He charged me about $96 for it and installed it for free! I'm sure you know freefloat rails are a pain to install cause you have to remove the front sight post cause its pinned in. But anyway, this guy's website doesnt have online ordering, I purchased the upper/rail from him through the Calguns forums...

scubasteve06

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
SC
youtube.com
Where did you get the pistol grop handle as mine just has a strap and is so annoying its always getting in the way unless I wrap my hand around it...

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
you guys are your silly laws.

Down in good 'ol Texas if it has a controlled explosion in the chamber and slings lead faster than the eye can see it's legal!

Nice firearm, BTW.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
On the shorgun, the front pistol grip is from eBay, costs about $15. The rear grip is integrated with the Knoxx stock

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
cassharper;1773663;1773663 said:
you guys are your silly laws.

Down in good 'ol Texas if it has a controlled explosion in the chamber and slings lead faster than the eye can see it's legal!

Nice firearm, BTW.
thx, just had to throw that it didnt ya!?!?! :cry:

scubasteve06

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
SC
youtube.com
I was born in Grapevine, Texas. I lived there till I was 5, wish I still did for that reason. Any state that's motto is don't mess with us, is pretty self explanitory.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store