P. Schroederi Update

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
I've posted about my schroederi before and unfortunately not always with good news but since the site has been down (loving the new layout BTW), this girl is back to 100% and looking amazing. Living in a 225 with a 50g sump and fx5

Anyways here are a couple pics. She wouldn't sit still for pics but you can see the weight thats on her now

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Wow amazing flower... makes me want one haha love the pattern. what's she feeding on and how many times a day does she get fed? any tankmates?

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
Thanks for the comments.

Shes around 10 inches or so, and unfortunately still only on live black worms. She wilted down to nothing on a hunger strike after about a month of ownership and I've stuck with just the live black worms once she started eating again. I'm hoping to get her switched to at least earthworms here soon.

As of right now no tankmates since I sold off my two mantillas (one of the two were with her). As for feeding I usually only feed once a day unless she devours all the worms and there aren't any left in the sand. If thats the case I will feed her as much as needed to make sure its always available. She has become super aggressive on feeding again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store