Planning pond

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Well I got the A-okay from my parents to build an outdoor pond:headbang2

I am still unsure whether it will be tropical or not. I saw a post somewhere and they said they had a 1700 gallon pond with two 300 watt heaters which made there water temp. 79f.
So I think I will just build a pond buy 2 300 watt heaters and see how it goes. If it doesn't work I will just do koi.

I figured go big or go home so if I can get my hands on some EPDM roofing liner(it's much cheaper)I will make the pond 12'x6'x3' (1600 gallons)
If not It will be 7'x5'x3'.

However my parents are concerned about the extra humidity from a indoor pond (for the winter months). If I get one of those intex pools and put a tarp over it I should not have much evaporation....right????

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Just get one of those de-moisturising machines( not sure about the real name) They cost about 50 bucks ( you can get a used one on ebay for 20) and you won't have moisture problems:) and your mom can use it when she hangs up the clothes to dry ;)

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
hahaha I already have one of those because my mom is paranoid about humidity:D and I only have a 2 tanks

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I have been having trouble getting a liner big enough cheaply. I have emailed many roofing company's to see if they will sell me some liner with no luck. I still have to see if home depot will order me some.
Anyone have any ideas on where to get some cheap liner?

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I am still can't a 20'x15' liner anywhere. However I can get a 14'x14' liner. I want to make a pond 12'x6'x3' but I guess I can settle for something smaller.

Now my question is how deep of a pond does an rtc need?
I have three options for pond sizes
9'x9'x2'
8'x8'x2.5'
7'x7'x3'

Which would be the best option?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store