Podzys' 180 Gallon Tank Journal

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
And Finally the moment I have been waiting for ...... The 3D backround installation ! It was a hell of a time installing it. Fish kept swimming behind it and the it was difficult to move around in the water and snap it together . 3 holes were drilled into it and a stainless steel mesh was used to cover the holes. ENJOY!!!!!View attachment 1065987View attachment 1065986View attachment 1065985View attachment 1065984
Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Awesome Podzy! I haven't seen a 3D background where the water is supposed to have water behind it, Got any top view pictures? I thought metal was a bad idea in tanks? It sure looks great! :D

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Curious where one gets a background like that?

Also a small amount of metal is ok in tanks. Especially if it's stainless steel. Stainless does corrode slowly underwater, but with regular water changes nothing should happen. I have plenty of stainless in tanks. Especially 316 stainless which is awesome. Saltwater tanks are another story

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Podzy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Toronto
Awesome Podzy! I haven't seen a 3D background where the water is supposed to have water behind it, Got any top view pictures? I thought metal was a bad idea in tanks? It sure looks great! :D
Thanks ! I'll post a photo from the top in a few hours when I get home :) as for water being behind a few of them I have seen allow this so you can hide filter intakes and heaters . I got the stainless steel mesh Idea from a reef keeper I met and apparently it should do alright in my FW tank :p we will see though

Curious where one gets a background like that?

Also a small amount of metal is ok in tanks. Especially if it's stainless steel. Stainless does corrode slowly underwater, but with regular water changes nothing should happen. I have plenty of stainless in tanks. Especially 316 stainless which is awesome. Saltwater tanks are another story

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
there is a Company based in Europe called "aqua Maniac" www.aqua-maniac.com , but for USA customers visit http://www.atg-scape.com/en/ for correct pricing they are relatively small but gaining traction now . It is the most life like Back round I have seen. the pictures do it no justice :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store