Prices

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
My LFS has Japanese Leapord sharks for $475 they are 16-18 inches. They also have lesser spotted catsharks 7-9in for $220. What are the going rates for these sharks? They seem expensive I paid $300 for my port jacksons and and $275 for my swell.

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
Those prices sound great to me, and with proper setups I'd jump on either of them in a second. In Chicago I've seen gray smoothhounds in that price range, but where I live now they don't sell sharks so my options are online only. I've seen smoothhounds for double that price and haven't come across Japanese leopards for the most part. I've never seen a lesser spotted catshark for sale, but I've paid more for coral catsharks that were a little larger. It all depends on what's available for you in your area.

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
My LFS has Japanese Leapord sharks for $475 they are 16-18 inches. They also have lesser spotted catsharks 7-9in for $220. What are the going rates for these sharks? They seem expensive I paid $300 for my port jacksons and and $275 for my swell.
Could you please give me their info as I would love to pick up a Japanse Leopard! Coral Cat retail should be $120 not $220.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store