Questions about my wolf fish diet

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
I fed mine a lot of worms, but I also fed him mice from time to time :WHOA:

I know a lot don't agree because of the fat and red meat and blah blah, but think about it. My wolf was a true monster very very aggressive. Don't think for a second in nature that they don't eat rodents or birds or anything that moves across the water. Earth worms would be less lkey to come by than an occasiol rodent swimming across the water. One word of caution though. It gets messy with the hair :)

xTylerLairx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2009
PA
The mice thing doesn't phase me tbh. I know they eat anything thy moves. Have you tried hairless mice? And are you ever concerned about the claws on them?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
Big hungry wolf will hit so hard claws will never be a factor. Mine was almost 2ft

Bte please don't think by any means that was his staple diet. That was a once a month or so deal!

xTylerLairx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2009
PA
Well they got their fancy dinner this week. Both my wolves shared a 7 inch tigrinis catfish. Quite the expensive meal for them. Although it was not my intentions. Hopefully a rtc or rtcxtsn or Lima may last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
Pretty much anything you put with them will become a snack. One day u will only have one wolf because they don't play well together

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Well that's why wolffish are recommended for specimen tanks only..still feel sorry for you though.

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
Any tips on gut loading these feeders for my bad boys( boy and girl :D).
Feed the rosies Massivore or some other cichlid food. Crumble it up so they can eat it. Rosies a few times a week and earth worms a few times a week should let you grow out some big wolves.

Warning: mine got hyper aggressive at 12".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store