Ranchu wen removal pictures

GlennDalton

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2015
Cloverdale
www.facebook.com
Previously my two ranchu's were completely blind from their wen growing over there eyes. They would sit on the bottom all the time until food was present. Now that Dr. Newman has removed the overgrown wen they swim freely all over the tank and pick off pellet food with accuracy. I anesthetized them with 10 drops of clove oil per gallon. The wen was very slippery, luckily we had very sharp tools to work with. They recovered almost immediately. To those consideering the operation, it was bloodless, and it seemed pain free.

IMG_4357.JPG

IMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4359.JPG

IMG_4360.JPG

IMG_4361.JPG

Reactions: heatherbeast

GlennDalton

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2015
Cloverdale
www.facebook.com
Your certainly welcome. I only wish I had the equipment to take video. I wanted everyone who has the wen growing over the fishe's eyes that it's VERY easy to remove and can dramatically enhance the quality of life for the fish. I think I will need to do the same to two others I have in a couple years. The only trick is to have surgically sharp intstruments.

Glenn

GlennDalton

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2015
Cloverdale
www.facebook.com
Today a guy brought a goldfish in with serious injury to it's eye. It was a celestial. It was given a cortosone shot to bring the interocular fluid or aqueous humor and amakasin shots to prevent secondary infection. Yet there was so much damage to the eye and the only steroid cream would have washed off quickly. It then dawned on me, one of my contacts would fit the eyeball perfectly. So I loaded up one of my contacts with clobetasol cream and pressed it firmly against the eye. 24 hours later the cream was still in place and the swelling had gone down dramatically. So if you need to treat a fish with the big googley eyes for eye damage try using a contact lenz. When you work for a vet you sometimes have to think on your feet.

Glenn

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store