Reed Fish

azzam_azree

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
i have 2 reed fish.. it okay with my bichir, i like this fish because it shape like dragon.... huhuhuhu... but polterus is my favorite predator fish..... huhu

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
They are not eels. Also the best diet for them is fish fillets ( tilapia is best) and small shrimp. Feeding them pellets is not a good idea because they swallow their food whole. They will crush it into shape to swallow but they don't really chew. Pellets can be dangerous because they are hard and can cause dangerous constipation. They will seem fine and then just die randomly. I have done lots of research on these guys and they are one of my favorite fish. They are quite fun to watch. I have had an incident where the larger rope attacked the smaller one and given that they are male and female, this may have been courting behavior. Caution should be taken as they get larger. They will become less and less friendly. My rope ate a 2 inch convict. Beware of small tank mates.

Yoda1

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2010
UK
Younglin;4844913; said:
They are not eels. Also the best diet for them is fish fillets ( tilapia is best) and small shrimp. Feeding them pellets is not a good idea because they swallow their food whole. They will crush it into shape to swallow but they don't really chew. Pellets can be dangerous because they are hard and can cause dangerous constipation. They will seem fine and then just die randomly. I have done lots of research on these guys and they are one of my favorite fish. They are quite fun to watch. I have had an incident where the larger rope attacked the smaller one and given that they are male and female, this may have been courting behavior. Caution should be taken as they get larger. They will become less and less friendly. My rope ate a 2 inch convict. Beware of small tank mates.
Mine are totally not interested in the dry food (Tetra Prima) that I feed the other fish (Angels) in the tank. They love blood worm though. Don't seem interested in the other things (cockles, freeze dreid river shrimp) that i have tried to feed them.

I have a group of 4.
1 what I imagine is a fully grown and the 3 smaller ones.
The fully grown one hardly ever comes out of his hiding place. Sometimes a quick rise to the surface for air. And to come out and eat. But that's it.
The 3 smaller ones are a lot more active and come out of their hiding places quite a bit.

KailaJune

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2011
Oregon
I would suggest blood worms as well. Also, they are nocturnal so you might look for activity at night. Mine is approximately 10 inches & quite active, especially when it is dark/dim.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store