Reef Sites

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
Does anyone else get sick of the stupid BS about sharks people post on reef sites? I try very hard no to join to curse some of these people out. I am not sure how much more I can hold back.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
It's the same in FW, someone has a larger fish on a Community fish site and they're isntantly a cruel bloodlusty Person. Annoying.

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
The worst is when they start making facts up. Sharks need a min of 50,000 gallons, sharks die if there are corners, The smallest shark is 10ft long. These people have no problems sticking active fish like tangs in a 40 gallon.

Some guy is getting flamed for wanting to put a shark which is about 20in long fully grown in a 9ftx4.5ft pond. One person said "sharks are a migratory animal and its inhumane to keep it in a tank. They are just like other marine mammals and migrating is programmed in their brain." Wtf

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Yes! Or sedentary animals like morays needing 5000gal but they'll put a tang that can reach 18" in a 55 Pronto.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I was asked to join Reef Central by their mod staff specifically for the problem of bad shark info being offered by reef guys who had never kept one. I haven't been on there in awhile.

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
I was asked to join Reef Central by their mod staff specifically for the problem of bad shark info being offered by reef guys who had never kept one. I haven't been on there in awhile.
Next time you have mod meeting or hangout with billsreef give him a nice kick to his nuts.

There is a self-proclaimed shark expert there now who was just talking crap about MFK.

Pithair

Feeder Fish
Jan 22, 2015
ny
I got banned from reef central for asking about breeding sharks. BrianD sent me a nasty message saying how sharks should only be in a 100,000 gallon aquarium and since no privaste aquarium is that large they should not be in anyone's private aquarium. He started to go on about how Reef Central is a place to learn about keep fish responsibly and protecting the natural reefs. I wonder how many fish are bought from reef central members that has been taken from the natural reefs.

As a generalization reefers are a snobby stuck up POS that think they know it all. They also tend to think that they can buy their way into a nice tank. They will put a million pieces of equipment on their small tank and cry when they one piece has a malfunction and crashes their system. Instead of running GFO, probotic dosing, vodka dosing and 500 watts of LEDs to supplement their 1000 watts of metal halides on their 40 gallon. I want to say hey buddy no crap you are having algae problems. Just get a mag float and cut your lighting to 1 halide fixture your corals will grow fine.

dallen2233

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2015
Texas
I came here because they kept saying that my 300 gallon was too small for a <1yr old coral cat shark. One guy messaged me saying that I was "a terrible owner" and that he hoped I never find a coral cat shark. I asked him why he kept his tangs in a 55 gallon tank.... no response. They think they know everything about everything, and once one idiot starts to speak they all gang up on you because "you're the bad person for taking that shark out of the wild." I'd be hard pressed to find anyone on those sites who doesn't have a fish from the wild, except for maybe one guy who has a captive bred clown fish :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store