Reef Sites

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
AR577 said:
There is a self-proclaimed shark expert there now who was just talking crap about MFK.
PM me a link or screen name.

muttley000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
West Unity, OH
Well I'm a reefer, and I used go to reef central every day, now it's been more than a month. I wish I could say that your generalizations were all untrue, but they aren't. I spend way more time here and on my local reef club forum because the arogance there is stunning! There are a lot of good people there don't get me wrong, but the crazy moderation, and know it all's who think their multi thousand post counts make them experts is pretty annoying!

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I still frequent there but i just don't talk anymore. There's plenty of good info on there already so there's not really any need to talk to anyone or ask. Just a simple search

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I know it's a deadhorse but I just wanna use some logic here on why sand may not be good from the shoreline . That sand as the tide rushes against it is a natural protein skimmer so all the ick we want out of our tanks and the ocean is sitting on the sand in those areas . Just my 2 cents
A conversation about using beach sand.

Last edited:

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
Holy...fish....
This honestly makes me want to ask a question and see the flames. I may just do that...hmm...
I'm a reefer, since my parents are highly against me keeping predators (eels, lionfish, sharks, etc.). But, I like all fish, predominantly the ones that can breed. I have yet to witness any of this arrogance, and am not sure if I've been that arrogant on RC, so I can't really claim to be unbiased either. Since I mostly stick to the fish breeding forum and stuff that I know, I haven't seen any of this stuff.

Just wondering, would those of you who commented about threads mind PM'ing me the links to them? I'm insanely curious about what those links really do say.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Holy...fish....
This honestly makes me want to ask a question and see the flames. I may just do that...hmm...
I'm a reefer, since my parents are highly against me keeping predators (eels, lionfish, sharks, etc.). But, I like all fish, predominantly the ones that can breed. I have yet to witness any of this arrogance, and am not sure if I've been that arrogant on RC, so I can't really claim to be unbiased either. Since I mostly stick to the fish breeding forum and stuff that I know, I haven't seen any of this stuff.

Just wondering, would those of you who commented about threads mind PM'ing me the links to them? I'm insanely curious about what those links really do say.
I've never registered personally but my dad was directed here from their members back in the day for shark pup questions and such.

On a side note what have you spawned?

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
I've never registered personally but my dad was directed here from their members back in the day for shark pup questions and such.

On a side note what have you spawned?
Absolutely nothing :). My knowledge is purely theoretical, and I come up with some crazy ideas based off of what I read from the internet, which some people find helpful. Unfortunately, school conflicts with live foods that have intensive care needs like rotifers, so I never got the opportunity to breed marine fish. But since I'm in college, I may have time in the summers to get some damsels, banggai cardinals, and barbershop pole gobies spawning. Freshwater fish spawning never really interested me unless it was super hard, and I was incredibly inexperienced back then, so it never came up to anything. The furthest I've gotten was white cloud mtn minnows, platies, and guppies...yeah....

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Absolutely nothing :). My knowledge is purely theoretical, and I come up with some crazy ideas based off of what I read from the internet, which some people find helpful. Unfortunately, school conflicts with live foods that have intensive care needs like rotifers, so I never got the opportunity to breed marine fish. But since I'm in college, I may have time in the summers to get some damsels, banggai cardinals, and barbershop pole gobies spawning. Freshwater fish spawning never really interested me unless it was super hard, and I was incredibly inexperienced back then, so it never came up to anything. The furthest I've gotten was white cloud mtn minnows, platies, and guppies...yeah....
Cool. I had some clowns paired but my crab killed them. On a side note I found that most lfs's will sell refrigerated pods and rotofiters.

Biomatic

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2015
i checked it out wanted to see the difference in the forms but i started a stingray thread and all any one said was to much money. thats fine if you have spent the money and really know the cost but it was two kids that didn't have a saltwater tank or stingray experience

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store