Returning back to the Shark World with a new tank

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Yes hoping to add some more active sharks like hound and maybe ray/guitarfish.

The marble cat sharks are staying under rocks...I see they have moved the next morning but they are not coming out during the day at all. The banded is out swimming occasionally. I think they are all still acclimating to their new environment. I am concerned with the banded however because he has two small "spots" just above the eyes (came this way) and I have seen him trying to rub his side on the sand 1-2 times. The spots may be nothing, but I haven't had a chance to get a good closeup to post. I will try to get pics or vids posted today.

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Well it appears the sharks like Squid and nothing else so far.... I tried scallops, shrimp and silver sides. Finally got them to eat well on squid today :headbang2

NovaSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2013
Panama city Florida
my cat shark stays hidden or under a rock until the food hits the tank. once it eats it goes back into hiding its only 7 months old. i feed everyday and i seen where a few feed every other day and it makes them come out more. You could ad a cortez ray i find them very active and if in pairs the will swim circles around the tank.

ukshaun

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2008
UK
Been interesting reading through this thread. Relieved at the end when I read 1 12" Brown Banded and 2 Marble Cat 14" and 10" as I was half expecting to read black tip shark. Black tip shark's are great, in the ocean, but not the confines of a home aquarium.

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Been interesting reading through this thread. Relieved at the end when I read 1 12" Brown Banded and 2 Marble Cat 14" and 10" as I was half expecting to read black tip shark. Black tip shark's are great, in the ocean, but not the confines of a home aquarium.
Where did you get the idea of Black Tip shark??? From the get go I have never said they would work in this tank.

Update: the smaller marble cat has been out more, but still has not eaten. The big one comes out for food only for a second and goes right back hahaha

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I don't think he meant reading about a black tip in your thread. I think he meant in general how like most people when they say they're starting a shark tank, they want to get a black tip so I think he started reading the thread under the assumption that that was what you were gonna get

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ukshaun

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2008
UK
I don't think he meant reading about a black tip in your thread. I think he meant in general how like most people when they say they're starting a shark tank, they want to get a black tip so I think he started reading the thread under the assumption that that was what you were gonna get

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That's correct. I was looking at photo's from the start, reading some not all replies. Assuming the worst towards the end, and it all tuning out good :)

I've seen on YouTube some large tanks, not huge, just large, perfect for typical Marine fish, only for the tank to contain a black tip shark looking out of place. I tend to feel it's not only unfair on the shark, but unfair for the smaller fish sharing the same tank. There's a sense, these people put their own needs before that of the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store