Sculpin Help

jstanley_06

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Midwest Indiana
dont know if anyone is still viewing/following this thread. here is pics of my 55 after i put my collected driftwood in there! Still interested in know wether the sculpin is a mottled or not. Let me know what you think!

100_4498.JPG100_4497.JPG100_4494.JPG100_4493.JPG

100_4493.JPG

100_4494.JPG

100_4497.JPG

100_4498.JPG

100_4489.JPG

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Nice tank!

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Thank you! i think it looks way better that it did b4! Did you see the sculpin pics? you thinks its a mottled?
yeah seen the suclpin pics hes a cutie!..defiantly looks like a mottled but its hard to be 100% with the pics.

here is my beast currently..giving me her angry face for not feeding her pellets...trying to get her to eat her feeders (that i breed) before they overpopulate the tank!...shes so lazy now and would rather dance for pellets than hunt >.>...i think i spoil her.
106_6183.jpg

106_6183.jpg

jstanley_06

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Midwest Indiana
^^^nice pic! how hard was it to get him to eat pellets??? n what kind do you use?

ps will try to get better pic of the sculpin, "Guss". he's been in hiding everysince i moved the driftwood into the 55

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
^^^nice pic! how hard was it to get him to eat pellets??? n what kind do you use?

ps will try to get better pic of the sculpin, "Guss". he's been in hiding everysince i moved the driftwood into the 55
not hard at all..they eat anything that floats by there face..so don't feed him feeders or anything live for a while and drop sinking pellets down to his face..and he should nom them up quickly...min is addicted to them cuz she is a lazy...spoiled brat.

I uses OneFish sinking night crawler pellets..they did a free give away on the site a long time ago and i got a bag for free..its lasted me for ever and everyone loves them..i have a few more months left on this bag and ill be buying another ..so any quality sinking pellet should work..OmegOne makes some good stuff that is cheap as well.

the younger sculpin i have had would accept falkes...OmegaOne flakes...but they grew out of liking them as they got bigger..the biggest thing you have to get them over is the texture of the pellets..mine would attack them as they sank and spit them out...than look fore more falling I just broke the pellets up to tiny peaces untill she started eating them..than stopped breaking them up after a while...now she downs hole ones and begs until she looks like she swallowed a golf ball.

...now if only she would eat her feeders!!!..lazy fish.

btw her name is Shelob...(the spider from Loard of the Rings)..aka Angry Fish.

jstanley_06

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Midwest Indiana
Cool name, great series too lol! Thanks for the info it has been very helpful and is greatly appreciated. do have some sinking pellets now... they r shrimp pellets. you think it would be better to get the earthworm ones then? and if so where would be the best place to look for them. didnt even know they made an earthworm pellet!

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
nah stick with what you have and try that fist..move to something new if he will not accept that.

what are you currently feeding him?..they take most frozen foods well..brine shrimp and blood worms.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store