Severums and angelfish - anyone tried/succeeded with this combo?

TahoeFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2011
Tahoe City, CA
Just recently, my angels were spawning (again) and my juvi sevs took great interest. As my beautiful male veil tail koi was defending the egg territory a few nips occurred and it looks like the sevs trimmed up the pectoral fins on the angel. Takes away from his grandeur. I moved the angels to their own tank. Before spawning there were no issues.

curiousburke

Feeder Fish
Apr 10, 2013
United States
I would not suggest putting gouramis in with your severums. I tried a dwarf gourami and a golden serverum and the serverum picked on the gourami to the point that I had to move the gourami to a differnt tank. It may work with a larger guorami though.
I tried to introduce a 2" red severum to a tank with an established female gourami. The gourami used her two feelers as whips and just kept beating on the severum. It looked like it would tickle like crazy. 5 minutes and I re-tanked. I didn't know those feelers could do that.

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
I am about to stock a 125 with 6 geo red heads, 2 super red severums, 4 Philly blue angels and 2 keyholes. All are juveniles of varying sizes from 1.5-3". Hopefully there will be no issues. :)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
I am about to stock a 125 with 6 geo red heads, 2 super red severums, 4 Philly blue angels and 2 keyholes. All are juveniles of varying sizes from 1.5-3". Hopefully there will be no issues. :)

I've done something very similar to that with no problem. At first I wasn't too sure about how the angels and severums would do together, but in my tank ( 6 ft. 135 gal) the severums payed little to no attention to the angels-- just my experience. Currently have a tank with a breeding pair of red head geos and wild angels and no problem there either.

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
I've done something very similar to that with no problem. At first I wasn't too sure about how the angels and severums would do together, but in my tank ( 6 ft. 135 gal) the severums payed little to no attention to the angels-- just my experience. Currently have a tank with a breeding pair of red head geos and wild angels and no problem there either.
I am hoping to get a breeding pair of the geos from the 6 I am getting and they will get their own 55 to breed in so that my 125 doesn't have any added aggression from defensive breeders. :)

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I have a single angel in with 2 golds and a green. And they flare up at it occasionally but majority of the time ignore it completely.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store