Shark Tank Build - 280 Gallons

skinsncanes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2014
New Jersey
If ur going for 280 gallons go with a brow banded bamboo or a marble car shark they could be in a 280 for a decent amount of time but these are the smallest of sharks to keep and they grow to 4' u could keep one for a good amount of time though, another I would recommend is a chained dogfish, they are deep water sharks and grow to only 24" but they are very expensive and hard to find but hey ur a scuba diver go dive 150-250 ft deep and try and catch one, also have u ever been scuba diving at the U-869 wreck off the cost of point pleasant ?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
The cat shark I said I was getting will only grow to 24 inches. It's basically one of the smallest.

And.nope, is it a good dive? How deep? I've never been diving in jersey. I'm a princess, only warm tropical waters for me lol

skinsncanes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2014
New Jersey
Looks awesome! Very nice bar setup!!!!

Don't plan on using any ick medication in the tank! Add a UV sterilizer if that is a tank concern. Do you have anything in the tank cycling it? (just read you have an eel?) The key to not getting ick in the tank is proper water quality/filtration and if possible when adding new fish quarantine tanks. I have found my sharks love SQUID. I will mix it up with other foods like fish, scallops or shrimp. Mazuri makes vitamins which you can add to their diet. Pot some videos up once you add the shark.
Do you just buy it fresh and freeze it?

For shrimp, do you take off the head? Tail? Peel it?

Anyone know if the bag of cooked shrimp they'll eat or does it need to be raw? I have the eel one piece and he seemed so excited, tore it up. But the second time it took a few bites but lost interest and went back to the cave. Maybe he was just really hungry the one time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store