Silurus glanis...overdue upgrade

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Just found this - thanks for the update - he's looking awesome! So yellow! Mine are pink. I definitely am not pushing their growth, so they have a lot of catching up to do; which they will :)
Cheers!

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Beautiful fish! How big is he now?
38" on the tape last time i measured, id say pushin 38"-40", hes surpassed any cat ive kept previously or have in house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
So rad! That guy is a tank!
And yes, he makes that 650g look tiny.
ANy other filtraion besides the dual overhead sumps?
Thanks man! This 650 runs on 4 fx5's and the 2 overhead sumps powered by a mag24...it also has a 4gph autodrip

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
What a beautiful fish, my respect to you for dedicating so much space to a single fish.
What are you feeding it and what size are the food items?:)
Thanks! many years in the making to have a solo albino cat in this tank. Thats what it was built for yrs ago lol...The wels eats floating or sinking pellets of any sort/size/brand and tilapia fillets. I usually feed him one food item for a couple weeks at a time and switch it up constantly. Hes been on a varied diet of mostly pellets since 7-8". I throw in live "snacks" every once in a blue moon also. Not "feeder" goldfish but conditioned cichlids, koi, or larger comets ive grown out in house.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Thanks! many years in the making to have a solo albino cat in this tank. Thats what it was built for yrs ago lol...The wels eats floating or sinking pellets of any sort/size/brand and tilapia fillets. I usually feed him one food item for a couple weeks at a time and switch it up constantly. Hes been on a varied diet of mostly pellets since 7-8". I throw in live "snacks" every once in a blue moon also. Not "feeder" goldfish but conditioned cichlids, koi, or larger comets ive grown out in house.

You know it's a monster when you grow out feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Beasts looking good as always Wednesday :thumbup::) what size are you expecting he'll Max out at ? Your dedication to this fish has been outstanding BTW looks like its well worth it though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store